In general terms, anybody interested in wildlife or wildlife conservation is our target readership.
This is pretty broad and, so we have decided that our first specific target readership will be socially responsible investors (SRI).
This article https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Socially_responsible_investing#Global_context is a good place to start learning more about SRI. There are, according to this article, around 1,500 funds targeting SRI with estimates of between 12 trillion and 240 trillion funds under management.
We have sampled the membership statistics of these funds and found that on average, each investor has around USD50,000 invested in their fund.
Our estimate is therefore that there are around 30 million SRI in the world.
To learn more about SRI we found these articles:
“Morningstar also found that millennials and Generation X were “statistically equivalent” when their level of interest in sustainable investing was scored.”
“Women did show a slightly stronger preference for sustainable investments, the research found. But the difference between the weighted averages of the scores assigned to the genders was small.”
“”…research, … found that 72% of the population is at least moderately interested in sustainable investments.”
teaches us that it is possible to engage with this target audience and explains the tools to do it with. i.e. pay per click, social media, email, conversion rate optimisation, SEO, content marketing
We have made the following conclusions about the target readership:
- Age group: Millenials (born 1977 – 1994), Generation X (born 1966 – 1976) and Boomers (born 1946 – 1965)
- Employed: because on average they have USD50,000 investments
- Education: sufficient to enable employment
- Gender: No bias
- Language: the most significant funds appear to be US based, therefore we will start with English and add other languages as appropriate. e.g. Japanese, European languages
- People who are prepared to make ethical investments are often more prepared to make an effort for things that are important to them. These influencers are good people to inform about wildlife conservation.
- 72% of the population are prepared to sacrifice financial return for conscience by becoming SRI. We are targeting directly those people that have considered and made a conscious choice about their beliefs. i.e. thoughtful