Our mission at the wildlife.page is to inform, inspire and motivate the world about wildlife and why its conservation is critical to the future of humanity.
- To build a community of wildlife and conservation project supporters
- To publish blog articles:
- Communicating good news conservation stories to environmentally concerned people. Bringing scientific, research and technical papers to a wider audience by making these easier for the layperson to read and understand, for example by removing technical jargon and details.
- Education about wildlife conservation. For example
- What can I as an individual do to help and stimulate wildlife conservation? e.g. use less plastic, eco-tourism, buy fair trade
- How wildlife conservation helps people, past, present and future.
- Highlight the work of wildlife conservation “rock stars” such as game rangers, marine scientists, polar scientists, zoologists, botanists and anti-poaching warriors to encourage young people to consider these as study and career options, thereby bringing more skills into future wildlife conservation
- Critical wildlife conservation issues and why these matter to humanity and our planet
- Proactively support selected conservation or development projects
- Why is always important
- We protect the privacy of our readers, including GDPR compliance
- We are driven by science and objective statistics, not popular opinion, on conservation
- Community support and farmers are critical to the conservation of wildlife
- We believe that there is a place for the consumption of wildlife products from sustainable sources e.g. venison, “biltong”, ocean fishing
Our Team Members
- Each and every team member is important
- We actively seek diversity and avoid prejudice
- We protect the privacy of our team members, including GDPR compliance
- Rewards are shared equitably between all team members and in relation to contribution